Virtuoso: "To be an expert at musicality"
Next Rehearsal = 3/21/2018
Thank you to so many of you that are taking the time to work on your music between rehearsals!!
Spring Concert: We Sing of Love
It Takes a Village: (combined with Spiritus)
- Clean memorization. It should have been memorized by last rehearsal.
- Keep the buoyancy in it.
- Click here to sign up for March 21st solo auditions.
- Listen here.
- Clean your memorization.
- Clean up your rhythms of each verse to make them crisp.
- Check where you cut off on the "and" of 2 and where you cut off on beat 3.
- Recording of The Wailin' Jennys
- Be practicing through it as a whole piece.
- Remember that this is a story-telling song. You must continually work this with good diction to solidify your text as well as your pitches.
- This will be memorized by April 4th.
- Listen here. (The score is there to look at but the recording is at the bottom of the page.)
- Practice through the entire piece on solfege.
- Be ready to add text next week!
- As learn this, pay attention to the movement of the held notes and the dynamic contrast.
- Be a good musician! Pay attention to the rise and fall of the line.
- This was BEAUTIFUL when you sang it at last rehearsal. I'm so excited to put this on text with you all!
- Listen here for a good example of it done as a duet.
A few pieces in the same place can be heard here.
For a reminder of our discussion on what a responsible ensemble member is from this fall, click HERE.
Here's the audiation exercise we did in rehearsal: What is audiation?
Please contact Mrs. Bates with any questions.
An advanced treble ensemble performing three- to four-part repertoire (SSA/SSAA)
Rehearses 6:55-7:55 p.m.